First International Summer School on genomics and bioinformatics would be held from June 27 to July 1, 2015on the basis of FSBEI HVE "Kemerovo Institute of Food Science and Technology (University)" with the assistance of the Russian Foundation for Fundamental Research.
It is planned to conduct the classes in the form of lectures, round tables and workshop. The lecturers of the Karolinska Institute (Sweden), Qiqihar University (China), RAS A. N. Bach Institute of Biochemistry (Russia), Mongolian State University of Science and Technology (Mongolia), and others will take part in the school.
Summer School work directions:
- Translational Medicine
- Fundamentals of Bioinformatics
Topics of some lessons:
- Analysis of genetic variety of human gut metagenome;
- Modern equipment for genomic researches;
- Pilot projects on a sequencing of genomes of model microorganisms Escherichia coli, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Cordyceps militaris;
- Nutrigenomics, nutrigenetics, pharmacogenomics, pharmacogenetics: reality and prospects;
- Biomarkers: the first step to the personalized medicine or the myth?
- Bioinformation methods of the analysis of genomic data.
The working languages of the school are Russian and English.
We invite students, graduate students and young professionals of biological, engineering and technical fields who are interested in genomics, bioinformatics and their application to the study of human health conservation, including by means of nutrition to participate in our school. Upon the completion of summer school the participants will be awarded certificates.
Full details of the the summer school will be posted later. For those who wish to participate, the registration is already open.